Experience what to do in Brisbane with this range of great activities and attractions! Make the most of the great weather in Brisbane city and escape your hotel or your Gold Coast accommodation to experience all the great offerings Brisbane, Australia provides. Located in sunny Queensland, the Brisbane CBD hosts a fantastic shopping destination and great restaurants, or make your way to the Brisbane markets for farmers produce and handicrafts. A day tour to Tangalooma is also a must in Brisbane.
Across the Brisbane River you will find South Bank buzzing with more markets, restaurants, a man-made beach, festivals and events. If you have the time, get a car rental from Brisbane or book a bus transfer and make your way down south to the Gold Coast theme parks. There are just so many answers to what to do in Brisbane so before you head back to the airport, have a look through our Brisbane guide of things to do and start planning today. In addition, for more information on what to do in Queensland as a whole, check out our state page!
Useful information for visiting Brisbane
- Emergency (Police, Fire & Ambulance): 000
- International: +61
Brisbane enjoys the feel of Mediterranean weather with sunny days and cool nights.
- Spring: Between the months of September to November the weather ranges between 26C/79F to 16C/61F.
- Summer: Between the months December to February and usually is around 28C/82F to 18C/64F although it has been known to occasionally go up to 40C/104F.
- Autumn: Between March to May, this is one of the most popular times to visit Brisbane. Temperatures vary from 26C/79F to 17C/63F.
- Winter: Between June to August temperatures can vary between 20C/68F to 10C/50F.
Australia has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world so it can be tempting to throw caution to the wind. Always play it safe by swimming between the red and yellow flags in beaches that are patrolled by lifeguards. Protect your skin from sun damage by following the simple Slip, Slop and Slap rule- Slip on a shirt, Slop on some sunscreen and Slap on a hat.
ATMs are easily found in the city of Brisbane. Most places accept the major credit cards, American Express, MasterCard, Diners Club and Visa. Currency converters can be found throughout Brisbane as well.
- Remittances and Money Exchange Pty Ltd (West End)
Address: 118 Boundary Road, West End
Phone: (07) 3255 3987
- UAE Exchange foreign currency and money transfers
Address: Shop CT 005, Level 3 151-171 Roma St, Brisbane
Phone: (07) 3236 4711
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Address: 240 Queen Street, Brisbane
Phone: (07) 3237 4449
A 10% Goods and Services Tax is added to most items that you purchase and is included in the display price. For visitors to Australia, the GST of goods over $300 purchased within 30 days of leaving Australia and packed into your hand luggage is refundable at the airport.
Tipping is not expected in Australia. However, if you experience really good service and want to show your appreciation, 10% of the bill is an acceptable amount for a tip.
The Standard time zone in Brisbane is GMT +10
The minimum age for the purchase and consumption of alcohol is 18. Minors will not be permitted to enter a bar if not accompanied by an adult.
Smoking is prohibited at indoor public places and cigarettes will not be sold to minors.
- Princess Alexandra Public Hospital
Address: 199 Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba
Phone: (07) 3240 2111
- Mater Hospital
Address: 550 Stanley Street, South Brisbane
Phone: (07) 3163 8111
- Queen Street Mall, Queen St, Brisbane
Phone: (07) 3006 6290